it must be obvious
...that I'm pregnant. The last two Sundays at church I have had people come up to me and ask if I am pregnant. Previously, the only people who asked me about it were people who already knew that I am pregnant. Of course, nobody wants to ask if they're not sure...so I count three people as evidence that it's pretty obvious.
The sad part about all of this is that the part that is sticking out still isn't the baby...it's the fat! I guess that's why it took me longer to show the first time around...I didn't have all this fat!
There have been a couple times that I thought I may have felt the baby move, but it hasn't been obvious yet. For those of you who have never had a baby, the first movements can feel a lot like gas moving around. Also, at this point, the baby is still pretty small (around 5 inches long), so the movements aren't too big.
Nathan has been talking to the baby for a while. His conversations basically go like this "Hey Baby. Nathan, Baby. Bye." It's really cute, though. A while back we looked at some baby pictures online. There were also pictures of very pregnant ladies' bellies. Since then, I think Nathan has been waiting for Mama to have a big belly. Well, lately he's been pulling my shirt up a little to "see the baby" and will say "big belly." :) He's so cute!
I know that Nathan is going to be a great big brother! He simply LOVES babies. We have a friend that has a four week old. Nathan has been able to hold her twice now. He just sits and holds her very gently. I told him the first time that he needed to be careful to hold her head, so he kept his hand right there on the back of her head except when we laid her down. The second time, he went to "hold her head" and put his hand on her face. That's the best he could do...he was trying to take good care of her! I told Matt that our biggest problem when the baby comes (as far as Nathan goes) will be teaching him his limits...when and how to hold the baby and such.
Well, I think that's all for now. I'll try to do a little better posting more often. If I get slack, though, feel free to give me a little prod!

6 Comments:
I think it's obvious that you should let us be the judge of the obviousness of your pregnancy. Let's see a pregnant picture.
:) I don't even have one. Maybe we'll try to take one before too long.
I agree with Lisa... especially for us really-out-of-towners who may not see you for a while.
The pictures of Nathan holding baby Kaitlin are sooo cute. How exciting for him (and you and Matt) that he will have his OWN sibling soon! Looks like he is ready for big brother status!!!
I second Jen's motion. Those pictures of him holding the baby are adorable. He is so grown up! Looks like he'll be a wonderful older brother. We have a couple at our church that just had their 2nd baby, but they are MUCH closer than Nathan and baby Moseley will be. The older girl has had trouble adjusting to another little soaking up attention. It looks like Nathan will be just fine!
Ok Jennifer...consider this your friendly "prod." We want to see some pictures of YOU - time to get out from behind the camera and let someone get a shot of you!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home